The Inside View
Q WHAT IS IDOC’s KEY FOCUS TODAY?
A. We recently unveiled our new messaging, “Dream It. Do It,” which epitomizes our “Why” (based on tenets of Simon Sinek)—“To empower independent owners to live the practice of their dreams.”
Q WHAT ARE IDOC’s NEW INITIATIVES?
A. We are always innovating, and our latest is the IDOC Insider, which offers unlimited access to state-of-the-art business analytics to all members:
- Five key practice dashboards, powered by GPN,
- Customized insights based on metrics, and
- Exclusive tools and promotions to address key opportunities.
Q PLEASE EXPLAIN SOME OF IDOC’s POINTS OF DIFFERENTIATION.
A. Every member has a practice development manager who is dedicated to the support and growth of their practice, ensuring that the member maximizes all that IDOC offers:
■ Consulting Experts with over 100 years of combined experience: financial, HR, marketing, optical, and practice management.
■ IDOC Insider, a powerful support tool offered at no additional cost.
■ IDOC Select, unique benefits including superior pricing and rebates based on share of contact lenses dispensed, not required practice growth.
Q PLEASE TELL US MORE ABOUT IDOC SERVICES.
A. They range from services in HR and financial navigation to extensive peer-to-peer interaction and education/CE opportunities all year long.
■ HR Services
- A legally vetted handbook that clarifies staff performance standards and benefits eligibility, and
- A mobile-enabled employee testing offering given to candidates and/or current staff. This new assessment tool goes beyond standard personality tests to offer deeper insights and a simpler approach to comparing skills and attitudes. It also provides an interview question guide and job development insights.
■ Navigation Services provide advice about financial considerations on buying or selling practices as well as advice on partnerships.
Q HOW CAN ECPs MAXIMIZE THEIR ROI IN TODAY’S ALLIANCE SPACE?
A. I urge independent O.D.s to choose one alliance and to utilize their programs and services for maximum advantage (of course, I suggest IDOC).
Q HOW DO YOU VIEW THE ALLIANCE LANDSCAPE?
A. Alliances that innovate will be around for the long run. It can’t be only about buying power, rebates, and discounts. Innovative resources must be offered to empower independent practice success.
Looking ahead, data and insights are more critical than ever. Alliances that gain the trust of the independent owner to share their data so it can be put to use for the practice’s advantage will grow and prosper.
—Stephanie K. De Long
GOOD TO KNOW
“We are always innovating, and our latest is IDOC Insider, offering unlimited access to state-of-the-art business analytics to all members.”