See these numbers and more, as EB presents the COVID-19 + ECPs Focus Group Study Wave #2 results below, which help clearly define the current situation and ECP mindset during this health crisis across the country and around the world.
We know these are challenging times for you and your business—and that you are navigating completely uncharted territory. To help track the actions and opinions of eyecare professionals across the country in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, Eyecare Business deployed the Wave #1 COVID-19 + ECPs Focus Group Study to our readership on March 23, 2020. To follow that and track changes and new issues as they arise, EB deployed the Wave #2 COVID-19 + ECPs Focus Group Study on April 6.
The response has been tremendous to both surveys—and the results are truly eye-opening.
Read on below for a roundup of the most revealing results—they define the directions, actions, and opinions of ECPs across the country as they navigate their course. With the key insights gained from the COVID-19 + ECPs Focus Group Studies, we aim to help support eyecare professionals and their businesses.
—Erinn Morgan, EB Editor-in-Chief
The COVID-19 + ECPs Focus Group Study Wave #2 survey group included 12% opticians, 78% optometrists, and 9% other. Stay tuned for the results of a 3rd deployment of this survey coming soon.
Is your practice/business doing anything unique to continue Rx eyewear deliveries to patients and customers?
Survey Respondent Answers:
- “We have just implemented online spectacle purchases.”
- “Virtual frame fittings, repairs with drop-off bin outside the clinic doors, repair then glasses put back in bin and patient can retrieve.”
- “[We have a] bin outside the office door for pickups, [we do] direct mail and individual appointments, if needed.” —Berks Family Eyecare, PC
- “Special appointments in which we meet them in their car.”
- “Special in-office dispensing appointments, direct ship to home for contact lenses, mailing many spectacles and contacts.”