April 8, 2020 — Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, many companies in the industry are sharing their efforts to help eyecare professionals, and the public, weather these turbulent times. Here, we share a roundup of some recent initiatives:
- ABB Optical has introduced a virtual resource center with key tools and services for its customers. The platform is designed to help ECPs with patient outreach, provider education, and practice process and strategy tools.
- Allergan’s Refresh brand has donated $250,000 to Direct Relief to support its ongoing COVID-19 emergency relief efforts, as part of the Refresh America program.
- ClearVision Optical (CVO) has responded by launching a digital resource center where ECPs can view up-to-date information about COVID-19 as it pertains to the eyecare community, as well as connect with ClearVision for support. CVO also urges the industry to unite via the #EyecareStrong hashtag on social media. To access the company’s survey for optical providers to share their current needs, click here.
- The New England College of Optometry (NECO) shared that all education, didactic and clinical, is occurring online for the rest of the semester. It has temporarily closed its Beacon Street Campus and its owned and operated clinics except for emergency care until at least May 4. Additionally, essential non-routine eyecare services are being provided via telehealth platforms.
- Revo, the performance sunglass brand from CVO, has joined Brands x Better’s 10+ Movement, a coalition of brands which aim to foster stability in a time of crisis. Each coalition member will donate 10% of proceeds to a charity or non-profit of its choice. Revo will donate 10% of its net profits from April 1, 2020 to April 30, 2020 in support of the Meals on Wheels COVID-19 Response Fund.
- Through its “Vision For Heroes” campaign, Vinylize has donated its entire 2020 production of eyewear to health care workers in Hungary fighting COVID-19. "I want to make sure those fighting on the front line don't have to worry about their glasses" says Zachary Tipton, founder of Vinylize’s Tipton Eyeworks. "Vision is the most important sensory organ for gathering information. Many health care workers are underpaid and I want them to have the best glasses and lenses possible.” Additionally, Vinylize is offering 40% off all orders with the FIGHTCOVID19 discount code.
For more updates, head to EB’s COVID-19 resources hub.