Know a long-time lab pro who deserves industry recognition? Nominations for The Vision Council Lab Division Hall of Fame will close Tuesday, June 26.
Each year, the rich history of the optical industry is celebrated through the annual induction of individuals into the Lab Division Hall of Fame. The induction ceremony and banquet is held the day before Vision Expo West, as part of the Lab Division’s annual meeting. Those selected for membership have influenced or contributed to the advancement of the optical industry.
In addition to their contributions to the industry, a nominee’s accomplishments, reputation and character, and number of years actively involved in the industry are considered. Here are some of the other nominee qualifications:
- Candidate’s contribution to the optical laboratory industry
- Candidate’s contribution to the Lab Division of The Vision Council, or its predecessor organizations, with special emphasis on past presidents, board members and steering committee members
- Individual accomplishments, including but not limited to business matters
- Cross sections of the optical laboratory industry, including laboratory management and development, suppliers, technical and engineering, and service providers; as well as such other areas that have contributed to the industry
- The personal character and reputation of the applicants
- Contribution to and influence on the optical laboratory industry
The form for submission is online here. You can also review the nomination guidelines and the list of past recipients. All nominations for the 2018 Lab Division Hall of Fame must be submitted by Tuesday, June 26.