Do you listen, negotiate, and commit? Bimal Patel, O.D., does.
His practice may be located in the most populous city in Texas, but Dr. Patel, a therapeutic optometrist and ocular glaucoma specialist at Focus Refined Eye Care, still takes time to, well, focus.
“Remain positive and don’t get triggered by negativity,” he says.
Here, the native Houstonian shares his mantras for success—both in his business and personal life.
—Kerri Ann Raimo
- Listen to your customers’ opinions—WE ALWAYS HAVE SOMETHING TO LEARN from them even though we may not agree.
- HAVE CLEAR TEAM GOALS + WAYS TO TRACK THEM—MAKE THEM VISIBLE!
- Negotiate to keep OPERATING EXPENSES as low as possible.
- PARETO PRINCIPLE: Invest in the 20% of your clients who are bringing in 80% of the business.
- BE FEARLESS.
- Think ahead—WRITE A FIVE-YEAR PLAN and keep tabs on what you are doing in alignment with that plan.
- KNOW YOUR BRAND + COMMIT TO WHAT YOU ARE PUTTING OUT.
For a look at the latest at what’s happening in Houston, follow @eye_love_focus on Instagram.