Will To, O.D., traveled an incredible 98,017 miles in 2017.
Otherwise known as #TheTravelingOD, Dr. To sets out across the country, providing career consulting services and speaking with optometry students and new grads about the state of the industry and how to prosper in a time of constant change.
Dr. To also holds advisory roles in the Student Optometric Leadership Network and The Vision Council’s Young Professionals Club, plus serves as a Transitions Optical change agent. He even founded his own media company (TheTravelingOD Media Group) last year, and fills in at Optical Illusions of San Jose. Here, he shares his 7 mantras for health + happiness.
—Kerri Ann Raimo
- Nothing is more important than YOUR HEALTH and happiness.
- DON’T EVER FEEL LIKE YOU NEED TO FOLLOW A TEMPLATE OF WHAT YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO DO.
- UTILIZE A DESIGN-BASED APPROACH TO PATIENT CARE that focuses on people-centricity and empathy both in and outside the exam room.
- THERE ISN’T ONE WORLD, there are 7 billion perceptions of it. Traveling allows you to see the world through different perspectives and to grow as a human being.
- LIFE CAN GET STRESSFUL, SO IT’S IMPORTANT TO SET ASIDE TIME FOR YOUR OWN MENTAL HEALTH.
- When we all graduated optometry school, WE FELT LIKE SUPERHEROES AND WERE READY TO SAVE THE WORLD. Never lose that mentality.
- DO GOOD IN THE WORLD.
For a look at Dr. To’s travels in the U.S. and abroad, follow @TheTravelingOD on Instagram or visit drwillto.com .