Jennifer Tsai, O.D., has traveled to 36 countries—and the 30-year-old optometrist shares a snippet of those travels with nearly 50,000 followers on Instagram. But, it wasn’t until a few months ago that Dr. Tsai began posting there about her role as an optometrist.
“For the longest time, I wasn’t sure if it was professional for me to incorporate what I do [on Instagram]. I had an epiphany, where I was just like—it is part of me. I am multidimensional. I can be well-traveled and also be a good doctor and be able to relate to patients.”
Here, Dr. Tsai of Grand Central Optical in NYC shares her wisdom on finding balance and staying curious. —Kerri Ann Raimo
- Put yourself first, but not in a selfish way. Do it to be the BEST VERSION of yourself.
- Being WELL-BALANCED is not only important for self-growth, but to be a well-rounded practitioner.
- Do everything with a purpose to CREATE A LIFE YOU LOVE.
- Traveling allows you to be more ADAPTABLE + RELATABLE, traits that are important to be able to communicate with your patients.
- Know where you are. If you don’t know where you are now, you can’t expect to KNOW YOUR DESTINATION.
- STAY CURIOUS.
- Offer the BEST STANDARD OF CARE and compassion for others, in every single thing you do.
To see where Dr. Tsai is off to next, follow @drjenandjuice on Instagram.