Do your patients have blue light on the brain?
“[My patients] are all aware of how digital devices may contribute to eye strain, but they are not aware of the potential for physical damage to the visual system,” says John Fleming, O.D., of his patients’ blue light awareness at his two California practices. “We need to do a much better job as an industry to make our patients aware of this possibility.”
Enlighten your patients (and your practice) with this rundown of three ECPs’ best-selling blue-light-blocking lenses.
CENTER FOR SIGHT
Lori Branco, RDO
Fall River, MA
- Crizal Prevencia from Essilor
- Eyezen from Essilor
- BluTech from ClearVision Optical
- TechShield Blue from VSP Optics Group
ONEOTA VALLEY FAMILY EYE CARE
Brad Schwartz, O.D.
- HOYA Recharge
- BluTech Outdoor
Doug Jordan, O.D.
- Varilux digital PALs with Smart Blue Filter from Essilor
- Eyezen+ with Smart Blue Filter from Essilor
- Essilor’s Crizal Prevencia (“Particularly for patients with a family history of macular degeneration,” says Dr. Jordan.)
—Kerri Ann Raimo